On February 8, 1982, the Los Angeles Dodgers trade veteran infielder Davey Lopes to the Oakland A’s for minor league pitcher Lance Hudson. The move breaks up the Dodger infield, which had been intact since 1974 and they will play an astonishing 833 games together. Hudson, a middle infielder who will never appear in a major league game. The 36 year-old former LA second baseman had played with Steve Garvey, Ron Cey, and Bill Russell since 1974. The move, which opens a spot for rookie Steve Sax.
About The Author
We make your memories come to life!
December 21, 1982
February 18, 1912
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Ump's getting even $21.50 – $29.00
- Braves Field 1915 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Boston Braves $18.00
- Exhibition Stadium 1977 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Toronto Blue Jays $18.00
- Dave Parker Special $13.50 – $19.00
- Dave Coverly Collection $21.50 – $29.00
- San Diego Stadium 1969 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your San Diego Padres $18.00