On February 8, 1982, the Los Angeles Dodgers trade veteran infielder Davey Lopes to the Oakland A’s for minor league pitcher Lance Hudson. The move breaks up the Dodger infield, which had been intact since 1974 and they will play an astonishing 833 games together. Hudson, a middle infielder who will never appear in a major league game. The 36 year-old former LA second baseman had played with Steve Garvey, Ron Cey, and Bill Russell since 1974. The move, which opens a spot for rookie Steve Sax.
Pittsburgh Pirates release Tim Wakefield, who posted an 8-1 record in 1993 and was named the National League rookie pitcher of the year
April 20, 1995
The Phillies obtain Larry Jackson and Bob Buhl from the Cubs in exchange for future Hall of Fame hurler Ferguson Jenkins, outfielder Adolfo Phillips, and first baseman/outfielder John Herrnstein. The pair of right-handers will post a 47-53 record collectively for Philadelphia as Chicago’s new moundsman will win twenty or more games for six consecutive seasons starting in 1967.
April 21, 1966
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- The Chatty Catcher $21.50 – $29.00
- 1984 Detroit Tiger Bless You Boys Poster $11.50 – $29.00
- Baker Bowl 1887 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Philadelphia Phillies $18.00
- The Kingdome 1977 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Seattle Mariners $18.00
- 10 Cent Beer Night Milwaukee County Stadium T-Shirt $18.00
- Candlestick Park 1960 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your San Francisco Giants $18.00