On September 10, 1974, Lou Brock of the St. Louis Cardinals ties and breaks Maury Wills’ single-season stolen base record. In the first inning of an 8-2 loss to the Philadelphia Phillies, Brock steals a base to tie the mark. He then surpasses it by swiping his 105th base in the seventh inning.
Washington Senators steal an American League record 13 bases in a 16-5 win over the New York Highlanders.
June 28, 1907
September 23, 1962
April 24, 1976
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- The 50 Greatest Players in Pittsburgh Pirates History $30.00
- The Pittsburgh Pirates Encyclopedia: Second Edition
- 1988 Los Angeles Dodgers World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- Ump's getting even $21.50 – $29.00
- Managers do not like relief pitchers who fail $21.50 – $29.00
- All Star Ultimate Package $49.00