On October 25, 2003, Josh Beckett is too much for the Yankees, going the distance to pitch a Game Six 2-0 victory over New York to win the World Series for the Florida Marlins in Yankee Stadium.
a plan is adopted to alternate the site of future World Series openers by league rather than deciding it by a coin toss,
February 10, 1925
September 30, 1954
The two leagues agree on a permanent rotation for World Series play proposed by Charles Ebbets: the first two games at one league’s park, the next three at the other league’s park, and the last two if needed back at the first league’s park, with openers to alternate between leagues. Next year’s World Series will commence at the National League city.
December 10, 1924
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- The Kingdome 1977 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Seattle Mariners $18.00
- Yankee Stadium 1923 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your New York Yankees $30.00
- 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates Maz Walkoff Win $31.50 – $39.00
- The Astrodome 1965 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Houston Astros $18.00
- 1984 Detroit Tiger Bless You Boys Poster $11.50 – $29.00
- 1988 Los Angeles Dodgers World Championship $31.50 – $39.00