On May 30, 1962, Maury Wills of the Los Angeles Dodgers belts home runs from each side of the plate. Wills becomes the seventh player to switch-hit homers in the same game. Wills will hit only 20 home runs during a 14-year career.
July 25, 1961
August 13, 1926
Orioles’ outfielder Frank Robinson becomes the first (and only) player to hit a home run completely out of Baltimore’s Memorial Stadium. The 451-foot wind-assisted blast, which clears the fifty rows of the left-field seats near the foul pole, before rolling to a stop 540 feet from home plate, comes off a fastball thrown by Indians’ starter Luis Tiant, who hadn’t given up an earned run on the season.
May 8, 1966
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Baseball in Altoona: From the Mountain City to the Curve $12.15
- Robison Field 1893 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- Kauffman Stadium 1973 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Kansas City Royals $30.00
- Candlestick Park 1960 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your San Francisco Giants $18.00
- Yankee Stadium 1923 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your New York Yankees $30.00
- Shibe Park 1909 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Philadelphia A's $18.00