On June 20, Max Scherzer of the Nationals comes agonizingly close to pitching a perfect game but has to settle for a 6 – 0 no-hitter over the Pirates. With two outs in the 9th, he hits pinch-hitter Jose Tabata with a pitch after retiring the first 26 batters in order as Tabata appears to lean into the pitch. Scherzer then retires Josh Harrison on a fly ball to end the game.
About The Author
We make your memories come to life!
Duaner Sanchez walks Russell Martin with the bases loaded and two outs in the bottom of the 9th to give Los Angeles a 1 – 0 win over San Diego. The Dodgers are now 8-0 at home for the season.
May 1, 2009
During a game against the Durham Bulls, Mike Romello hits umpire Emil Davidzuk after being called out for leaving third base early. A judge at the game arrests the visiting Danville’s shortstop on the spot, and the infielder will later be fined $25 for his assault on the arbitrator.
June 2, 1951
Tommy Thomas collects his third victory in three days, all against the same team, when the Senators rout St. Louis at Griffith Stadium, 11-0. The 32 year-old right-hander, who will defeat the Browns a total of seven times this season, picked up two of three wins of the streak as a reliever, prior to going the distance in today’s contest.
July 16, 1932
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Three Rivers Stadium 1971 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Pittsburgh Pirates $18.00
- Keepsake Engraved Bats $40.00
- "Then Roy Said to Mickey. . .": The Best Yankees Stories Ever Told (Best Sports Stories Ever Told) $14.10
- Pirates By the Numbers: A Complete Team History of the Bucs By Uniform Number $14.99
- San Diego Stadium 1969 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your San Diego Padres $18.00
- Memorial Stadium "Legacy" 1954 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Baltimore Orioles $18.00