On August 10, 1957 — Mickey Mantle becomes the first player to clear the center field-hedge at Memorial Stadium with his 460-foot homer in the Yankees’ 6-3 victory over the Orioles. Baltimore’s Boog Powell (1962) and Twins’ slugger Harmon Killebrew (1964) will also accomplish the feat.
Arizona OF Luis Gonzalez beats Chicago OF Sammy Sosa in the Home Run Derby during the All-Star festivities.
July 9, 2001
The Blue Jays obtain OF Dave Martinez from the Rangers for a player to be named later. Martinez becomes the 9th major leaguer to play for four teams in a season. The last to do so was Dave Kingman, in 1977: before him, the four-in-one players were Frank Huelsman, 1904; Willis Hudlin, 1940; Paul Lehner, 1951; Ted Gray, 1955; Wes Covington, 1961; and Mike Kilkenny, 1972.
August 4, 2000
February 12, 1945
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Riverfront Stadium 1970 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Cincinnati Reds $18.00
- Baseball in Altoona: From the Mountain City to the Curve $12.15
- Player Page Sponsorship $25.00
- San Diego Stadium 1969 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your San Diego Padres $18.00
- Veterans Stadium 1971 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Philadelphia Phillies $18.00
- Memorial Stadium 1954 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Baltimore Orioles $18.00