On July 10, 1951, the National League hits a record four home runs in pounding the American League, 8-3, at the All-Star Game. Playing at Briggs Stadium in Detroit, Ralph Kiner of the Pittsburgh Pirates hits an All-Star Game home run for the third consecutive year.
2009 – Alexei Bell of Santiago de Cuba gets himself a new record for Christmas – he hits his fourth grand slam of the 2009-2010 season, a new Cuban Serie Nacional record.
December 25, 2009
The Cardinals trade former MVP Keith Hernandez to the Mets for a pair of right-handed hurlers, Neil Allen and Rick Ownbey. The righties will compile a 21-22 record for the Redbirds, and the Gold Glove first baseman will spend seven seasons in New York, batting .297, playing an instrumental role in the club’s World Championship in 1986.
June 15, 1983
Montreal sweeps a doubleheader from the 1st-place Pirates, winning 5 – 4 and 3 – 0. Pittsburgh is now a half game ahead of the Mets in the National League East.
September 24, 1973
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- MVP Ultimate Fan Package $99.00
- Dave Coverly Collection $21.50 – $29.00
- Pittsburgh’s Greatest Teams
- "Then Roy Said to Mickey. . .": The Best Yankees Stories Ever Told (Best Sports Stories Ever Told) $14.10
- Boston Strong! 2013 Boston Red Sox World Championship Remembered $29.50 – $38.00
- Hall of Fame Package $149.00