On July 10, 1951, the National League hits a record four home runs in pounding the American League, 8-3, at the All-Star Game. Playing at Briggs Stadium in Detroit, Ralph Kiner of the Pittsburgh Pirates hits an All-Star Game home run for the third consecutive year.
Mariners 1B Tino Martinez strokes five hits, but Seattle still loses to Detroit by a score of 8 – 6. Martinez’s hits include a double and a pair of home runs, as he notches five ribbies.
July 5, 1995
The Cubs trade outcast Milton Bradley to the Mariners in exchange for starting pitcher Carlos Silva (1-3, 8.60), Seattle’s very costly and underachieving right-hander. Chicago suspended the outspoken and unpopular outfielder for his criticism of the atmosphere surrounding the team as being the reason the club hasn’t won a World Series since 1908.
December 18, 2009
Zack Greinke of the Kansas City Royals records his major league-leading 6th win when he shuts out the White Sox, 3 – 0, striking out 10 and walking none. He lowers his ERA to 0.40 for the year.
May 4, 2009
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Seals Stadium 1959 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the San Francisco Seals $18.00
- Ump's getting even $21.50 – $29.00
- Busch Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates Maz Walkoff Win $31.50 – $39.00
- "Then Roy Said to Mickey. . .": The Best Yankees Stories Ever Told (Best Sports Stories Ever Told) $14.10
- Crosley Field 1912 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Cincinnati Reds $18.00