The New York Mets trade pitchers Gary Gentry and Danny Frisella to the Atlanta Braves for second baseman Felix Millan and P George Stone, both of whom will contribute significantly to the Mets’ 1973 National League pennant.
Cliff Lee shuts out the White Sox, 5-0, to become the Indians’ 56th twenty-game winner in franchise history, but the first to accomplish the feat in 34 years. The last Tribe’s moundsman to win as many games was Gaylord Perry, who posted a 21-13 record in 1974.
September 1, 2008
Bidding for his American League-leading 12th win of the season, David Price of the Rays pitches no-hit ball into the 5th inning against the Twins, before being done in by rookie Danny Valencia, who gets the game’s first hit in the 5th, then drives the go-ahead run in the 7th. The Twins prevail, 2 – 1, behind Scott Baker, to stay atop the AL Central.
July 2, 2010
1968 – Sweeping a doubleheader from Oakland, 5 – 3 and 7 – 2, at Memorial Stadium, the Orioles stay four games in back of first-place Detroit.
August 27, 1968
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Crosley Field 1912 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Cincinnati Reds $18.00
- Seattle Kingdome Past Home of Your Seattle Seahawks & Mariners $18.00
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95
- "Then Roy Said to Mickey. . .": The Best Yankees Stories Ever Told (Best Sports Stories Ever Told) $14.10
- Metropolitan Stadium 1961 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Minnesota Twins $18.00
- Short-Sleeve Unisex T-Shirt $33.50 – $39.50