On October 23, 1996, the New York Yankees come back from a 6-0 deficit to win Game Four of the World Series, 8-6, over the Atlanta Braves. Jim Leyritz ties the game with a dramatic home run in the eighth inning against Mark Wohlers. The Yankees then score two runs in the 10th inning to win.
October 3, 1947
The Chicago White Sox lose the second game of the World Series, 4 – 2, to the Cincinnati Reds. Lefty Williams, one of eight Sox players involved in a Series-fixing scandal, walks three men in the fourth inning. After the game, he is confronted and attacked by Sox catcher Ray Schalk.
October 2, 1919
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Fulton County Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Atlanta Braves $18.00
- "Then Roy Said to Mickey. . .": The Best Yankees Stories Ever Told (Best Sports Stories Ever Told) $14.10
- Busch Stadium 1953 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- 10 Cent Beer Night Milwaukee County Stadium T-Shirt $18.00
- Anaheim Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Home of Your Los Angeles Angels $18.00
- Keepsake Engraved Bats $40.00