On October 23, 1996, the New York Yankees come back from a 6-0 deficit to win Game Four of the World Series, 8-6, over the Atlanta Braves. Jim Leyritz ties the game with a dramatic home run in the eighth inning against Mark Wohlers. The Yankees then score two runs in the 10th inning to win.
October 8, 1939
Frank Howard leads the Los Angeles Dodgers to a 2 – 1 win over the New York Yankees with a home run and a single, giving the Dodgers a four-game sweep in the World Series.
October 6, 1963
October 25, 1986
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- The Dave Coverly Collection $21.50 – $29.00
- 1988 Los Angeles Dodgers World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- Shibe Park 1909 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Philadelphia A's $18.00
- Seattle Kingdome Past Home of Your Seattle Seahawks & Mariners $18.00
- Wake Up with some of the most famous bats with the lumber company mug $12.50 – $17.50
- Griffith Stadium 1911 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Washington Senators $18.00