On July 26, 1939, the New York Yankees tie a major league record by scoring in every inning against the St. Louis Browns. Hall of Famer Bill Dickey hits three home runs as part of the 14-1 win.
disgruntled group of Cleveland Indians players petitions owner Alva Bradley to fire Oscar Vitt as the team’s manager
June 16, 1940
The Boston Red Sox sign free agent 3B Adrian Beltre to a one-year deal worth $9 million, with an option for a second year. The deal is motivated by the uncertain state of Mike Lowell’s health.
January 4, 2010
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates we are family Championship remembered $31.50 – $39.00
- The 50 Greatest Players in Pittsburgh Pirates History $30.00
- Dave Coverly Collection $21.50 – $29.00
- All Star Ultimate Package $49.00
- The Dave Coverly Collection $21.50 – $29.00
- Keepsake Engraved Bats $40.00