On August 15, 1978, the Oakland A’s trade veteran slugger Willie Horton to the Toronto Blue Jays for another aging hitting star, Rico Carty. As part of the deal, the Blue Jays also receive a minor league pitcher. Horton, who batted .314 in 32 games for the A’s, will join his third team in 1978 after starting the season with the Cleveland Indians.
The Chicago White Sox trade P Ray Herbert and 1B Jeoff Long to the Phillies for OF Danny Cater and SS Lee Elia.
December 1, 1964
Astros draft pitcher Bo Belinsky from the Phillies organization in the winter supplemental draft and pitcher Pat House from the Braves.
November 28, 1966
December 19, 1928
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95
- Dave Coverly Collection $21.50 – $29.00
- Baseball in Altoona: From the Mountain City to the Curve $12.15
- Polo Grounds 1890 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the New York Giants $18.00
- This Day In Baseball Mug
- Fulton County Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Atlanta Braves $18.00