On March 31, 1961, the Pacific Coast League is turned down in its bid to use the designated hitter rule. The Professional Baseball Rules Committee votes 8-1 against the proposal. The DH will not come into major league use until 1973, when it is adopted by the American League.
August 27, 1953
New York Senator Kenneth Keating proposes a ban within 100-mile radius on telecasts into minor league territories.
January 13, 1958
June 26, 1961
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- "Then Roy Said to Mickey. . .": The Best Yankees Stories Ever Told (Best Sports Stories Ever Told) $14.10
- 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates Maz Walkoff Win $31.50 – $39.00
- This Day In Baseball Mug
- The Visit - Every pitcher has lived through this one $21.50 – $29.00
- 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates we are family Championship remembered $31.50 – $39.00
- 2004 Boston Red Sox World Championship $31.50 – $39.00