Pat Gillick, considered the architect of the Toronto Blue Jays’ two championship teams in the 1990s, is named general manager of the Philadelphia Phillies.
Roberto Clemente’s two-run, tape-measure double finds its way out of Forbes Field at its farthest point, touching off Pittsburgh’s come-from-behind, 8th-inning, game-winning rally off Cincinnati’s Bob Purkey and Bill Henry. Dick Schofield singles, Bill Virdon doubles and both score on Clemente’s ground-rule double that bounces over the center-field wall. The game is thus deadlocked and, one out later, Clemente will score the deciding run ahead of Manny Mota’s home run off Henry.
June 27, 1964
1955 – Future Hall of Famer Brooks Robinson goes 2 for 4 in his first game as the O’s top the Senators, 3 – 1.
September 17, 1955
1997 – Houston bunches six hits off Greg Maddux in the third inning and holds on for a 4-3 victory. Derek Bell’s two-run double is the key blow. Mike Hampton picks up the win against Atlanta.
October 19, 2019
At Forbes Field, the Pirates beat the Cardinals 12-7 thanks to Ralph Kiner’s three home runs, solo shots in the third and eighth and a three-run blast in the fourth inning. The future Hall of Famer is the first Pirate player to accomplish this feat in the 65-year history of the franchise.
August 16, 1947
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- This one will have you in stitches $21.50 – $29.00
- Oriole Park at Camdon Yards 1992 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Baltimore Orioles $30.00
- Fenway Park 1912 Baseball Tee Shirt - Home of Your Boston Red Sox $18.00
- MVP Ultimate Fan Package $99.00
- Wrigley Field 1916 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Chicago Cubs $18.00
- Memorial Stadium "Legacy" 1954 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Baltimore Orioles $18.00