On May 5, 1978, Pete Rose of the Cincinnati Reds collects the 3,000th hit of his career – a single to left field against Steve Rogers of the Montreal Expos. Rose becomes the 13th player in history to reach the milestone. Rose receives a five-minute standing ovation from the 37,823 fans at Riverfront Stadium.
About The Author
We make your memories come to life!
August 4, 2007
September 24, 1974
Nolan Ryan of the Texas Rangers becomes the first major league pitcher to reach the 5,000 strikeout mark
August 22, 1989
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- County Stadium 1970 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Milwaukee Brewers & Braves $18.00
- Municipal Stadium 1955 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Kansas City A's $18.00
- The Kingdome 1977 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Seattle Mariners $18.00
- Polo Grounds 1890 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the New York Giants $18.00
- What Shift? hit 'em where they ain't $13.50 – $19.00
- "Then Roy Said to Mickey. . .": The Best Yankees Stories Ever Told (Best Sports Stories Ever Told) $14.10