On April 28, 1982, Pete Rose of the Philadelphia Phillies goes 5-for-5 against the Los Angeles Dodgers, tying Hall of Famer Max Carey for the most five-hit games in National League history. Rose’s latest five-hit performance helps the Phillies to a 9-3 win.
The Miami Marlins name former catcher Mike Redmond as their manager, replacing the controversial Ozzie Guillen.
November 1, 2012
After losing the first two World Series games at home, the Mets beat the Red Sox at Fenway Park, 7-1. Lenny Dykstra’s first inning home run marks the third time in history in which the Mets’ leadoff hitter has homered in the initial inning of Game 3 of the Fall Classic. The feat was also accomplished by Tommy Agee (1969) and Wayne Garrett (1973).
October 21, 1986
The Pirates defeat the Mets, 13 – 9, as Wil Cordero goes 5 for 5 with a double, home run, and four RBIs. The Mets’ Rickey Henderson becomes the 21st major-leaguer to garner 10,000 at bats in his career. Henderson finishes the night with 10,002 at-bats and trails only Cal Ripken Jr., among active players.
May 10, 2000
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Dave Coverly Collection $21.50 – $29.00
- Keepsake Engraved Bats $40.00
- Pirates By the Numbers: A Complete Team History of the Bucs By Uniform Number $14.99
- Baseball in Altoona: From the Mountain City to the Curve $12.15
- Managers do not like relief pitchers who fail $21.50 – $29.00
- "Then Roy Said to Mickey. . .": The Best Yankees Stories Ever Told (Best Sports Stories Ever Told) $14.10