On September 30, 1972, Pittsburgh Pirates star Roberto Clemente collects the 3,000th hit of his major league career. In the fourth inning at Three Rivers Stadium, Clemente smacks a double against New York Mets left-hander Jon Matlack. The hit will be the last one in regular season play for the future Hall of Famer, who will die in a plane crash on New Year’s Eve, 1972.
About The Author
We make your memories come to life!
Salt Lake City Trappers lose to the Billings Mustangs ending their record of 29 consecutive victories
July 27, 1987
August 7, 2004
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- 2004 Boston Red Sox World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- Pirates By the Numbers: A Complete Team History of the Bucs By Uniform Number $14.99
- San Diego Stadium 1969 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your San Diego Padres $18.00
- National Park 1950 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Washington Nationals $18.00
- Sicks Stadium 1969 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Seattle Rainers and Pilots $30.00
- "Then Roy Said to Mickey. . .": The Best Yankees Stories Ever Told (Best Sports Stories Ever Told) $14.10