On August 6, 1986 — Rangers infielder Toby Harrah hits a 2nd-inning grand slam and Larry Sheets and Jim Dwyer both go deep for grand slams in the Orioles’ nine-run 4th as Texas beats Baltimore, 13 – 11, establishing a new record for homers with the bases full in one game.
1961 – Major league clubs vote to curb bonuses. All first-year players not on major league rosters, except one minor leaguer, can be drafted by any other club for $8,000. Clubs are expected to be unwilling to pay large bonuses for players who will be subject to a draft for just $8,000.
December 2, 1961
For the second time this year, Boston’s Cy Young gives up 6 runs in the 1st inning and is lifted. This time, the Browns bomb him en route to a 12 – 4 victory in St. Louis. Young will complete 41 of 43 starts this year.
August 7, 1902
45-year-old Pete Rose of the Reds bangs out five hits for the National League-record tenth time in his career. The Reds lose to the Giants‚ 13 – 4.
August 11, 1986
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Busch Stadium 1953 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- County Stadium 1970 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Milwaukee Brewers & Braves $18.00
- Polo Grounds 1890 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the New York Giants $18.00
- Griffith Stadium 1911 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Washington Senators $18.00
- MVP Ultimate Fan Package $99.00
- Busch Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00