On April 22, 2007, four consecutive Boston batters hit home runs off Yankee pitcher Chase Wright at Fenway Park. The consecutive homers tie a major league mark, which has been accomplished just five times. The Red Sox batters are Manny Ramirez, J.D. Drew, Mike Lowell, and Jason Varitek.
Dave Johnson of the Atlanta Braves sets a single-season record for most home runs by a second baseman
September 19, 1973
Mickey Mantle ties a major league mark by switch-hitting home runs for the second time in his career.
August 15, 1955
September 18, 1975
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- "Then Roy Said to Mickey. . .": The Best Yankees Stories Ever Told (Best Sports Stories Ever Told) $14.10
- Ump's getting even $21.50 – $29.00
- Managers do not like relief pitchers who fail $21.50 – $29.00
- 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates we are family Championship remembered $31.50 – $39.00
- This Day In Baseball Mug
- Pirates By the Numbers: A Complete Team History of the Bucs By Uniform Number $14.99