On October 18, 1977, Reggie Jackson earns the nickname “Mr. October” when he hits three consecutive home runs in Game Six of the World Series. Jackson leads the Yankees to an 8-4 win and the World Championship over the Los Angeles Dodgers. Jackson, who connects against Burt Hooton, Elias Sosa, and Charlie Hough, earns MVP honors.
October 10, 1926
October 14, 1984
The National Commission approves owner Charles Murphy’s payment of a $10,000 bonus to his Chicago Cubs players for their 1908 World Series triumph.
January 11, 1909
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Arlington Stadium 1972 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Texas Rangers $18.00
- Veterans Stadium 1971 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Philadelphia Phillies $18.00
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95
- Robison Field 1893 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- Ebbets Field 1913 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Brooklyn Dodgers $18.00
- Event Page Sponsorship $10.00