On July 31, 1972 — Royals OF Amos Otis scores the game’s only run, swiping home in the 4th inning with a surprised John Mayberry at bat. Otis reached 3B when Angels pitcher Nolan Ryan makes two of his three errors trying to pick his former teammate off base. This is only the second time in the post-war years that a steal of home accounts for a game’s only run.
The Dutch national team clinches a spot in the quarterfinals of the 2007 Baseball World Cup with a stunning 2 – 1 win over the Cuban national team. It is Cuba’s first loss in a Baseball World Cup since 2001 and its first World Cup loss ever to a European team. Diegomar Markwell and David Bergman stifle the powerful Cuban bats. The offense is provided when Dirk van ‘t Klooster singles in Sidney de Jong and Sharnol Adriana drives in Raily Legito on a daring dash from second base in the 8th inning. Cuba’s only prior loss to the Netherlands had come in the 2000 Olympics – Adriana, van ‘t Klooster and Legito had all played in that game as well.
November 14, 2007
1966 – The players almost outnumber the fans at Wrigley Field, as the Cubs draw just 440 for a game with the Reds. Chicago wins, 9 – 3, behind Ken Holtzman, with Sammy Ellis taking the loss.
September 21, 1966
Yuki Saito wins his second straight game. He becomes the first freshman in the 83-year history of the Tokyo Big Six University League to win his first two appearances in the spring season.
April 29, 2007
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- The Visit - Every pitcher has lived through this one $21.50 – $29.00
- Polo Grounds 1890 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the New York Giants $18.00
- MVP Ultimate Fan Package $99.00
- Boston Strong! 2013 Boston Red Sox World Championship Remembered $29.50 – $38.00
- Forbes Field 1909 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Pittsburgh Pirates $18.00
- Busch Stadium 1953 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00