On May 15, 2008, Milwaukee outfielder Ryan Braun signed a record-setting deal. Braun inked an eight-year, $45 million contract, making him the highest paid player in franchise history. More importantly, Braun became the first player with less than a year of major league service to sign such a long or valuable deal.
Boston Red Sox pitcher Roger Clemens signs a four-year $21,521,000 contract extension, making him baseball’s highest-paid player
February 8, 1991
Hank Greenberg signs with the Detroit Tigers to a $20,000 contract, and Red Ruffing accepts $12,000 from the New York Yankees.
March 26, 1936
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Event Page Sponsorship $10.00
- 10 Cent Beer Night Milwaukee County Stadium T-Shirt $18.00
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95
- Riverfront Stadium 1970 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Cincinnati Reds $18.00
- 1988 Los Angeles Dodgers World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- Plate Create $45.00