On June 27, 2007 Ryan Howard hits his 100th career home run in a 9 – 6 loss to the Reds. The shot against Aaron Harang makes him the fastest player in major league history to hit 100 homers, doing so in his 325th game.
The Rockies slam six homers, three of them by Carlos Gonzalez and two by Troy Tulowitzki, in beating the Reds, 12 – 4. Todd Helton hits the other long ball, while Nolan Arenado has four of the team’s 20 hits.
June 5, 2013
1908 – Baseball’s anthem, Take Me Out to the Ballgame, is introduced by singer Billy Murray. The songwriting team of Albert Von Tilzer (music) and Jack Norworth (words), who created the immortal tune, had never seen a game before composing the immortal number.
October 24, 1908
Athletics P Bobby Witt hurls his third consecutive shutout, defeating the Red Sox, 10 – 0, on a six-hitter.
July 3, 1994
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Dave Coverly Collection $21.50 – $29.00
- Boston Strong! 2013 Boston Red Sox World Championship Remembered $29.50 – $38.00
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95
- Ump's getting even $21.50 – $29.00
- The Hidden Fan $21.50 – $29.00
- The Pittsburgh Pirates Encyclopedia: Second Edition