On June 27, 2007 Ryan Howard hits his 100th career home run in a 9 – 6 loss to the Reds. The shot against Aaron Harang makes him the fastest player in major league history to hit 100 homers, doing so in his 325th game.
About The Author
The Reds strand 16 runners in the first 8 innings against the visiting Expos‚ but win‚ 6 – 4‚ on Bobby Tolan’s 9th-inning homer. The Expos have never won a game at Crosley Field.
May 29, 1970
Cal Hubbard, with his induction to the Hall of Fame in Cooperstown as an umpire, becomes the first professional athlete to be elected into two Halls of Fame. In 1963, the Missouri native was enshrined into the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a result of his outstanding performance on the gridiron with the New York Giants and Green Bay Packers.
August 9, 1976
Five hours after the midnight deadline, Major League players and owners avert a strike by announcing a new four-year basic agreement. The new deal raises the minimum salary from $21,000 to $30,000 and increases the clubs’ contributions to the players’ pension fund, but the major issue of free agent compensation remains unresolved.
May 23, 1980
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates we are family Championship remembered $31.50 – $39.00
- Crosley Field 1912 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Cincinnati Reds $18.00
- San Diego Stadium 1969 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your San Diego Padres $18.00
- 10 Cent Beer Night Milwaukee County Stadium T-Shirt $18.00
- Ebbets Field 1913 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Brooklyn Dodgers $18.00
- Baseball in Altoona: From the Mountain City to the Curve $12.15