On November 14, 1989, San Diego Padres relief ace Mark Davis wins the Cy Young Award. Davis saved 44 games while sporting an ERA of 1.85. The next season Davis will save only six games after signing a free agent contract with the Kansas City Royals.
By homering twice in Montreal’s 6 – 1 win over San Diego, Expo OF Moises Alou sets a record for most hits that are all homers in consecutive games, with 6. He had a homer yesterday, one on the 7th, and two on the 6th.
July 9, 1993
1966 – Dave Giusti surrenders eight hits but walks away with a 2-0 shutout against the Giants. Giusti delivers three hits of his own but solo homers by Joe Morgan and Jim Gentile provide all the scoring.
October 19, 2019
1976 – Angels outfielder Bobby Bonds suffers a fractured finger during an exhibition game with the Dodgers. After 99 painful games, Bonds will have surgery on August 9th.
April 3, 1976
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates Maz Walkoff Win $31.50 – $39.00
- 2004 Boston Red Sox World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- Boston Strong! 2013 Boston Red Sox World Championship Remembered $29.50 – $38.00
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95
- Plate Create $45.00
- Keepsake Engraved Bats $40.00