The Seattle Mariners trade second baseman Bret Boone and pitcher Erik Hanson to the Cincinnati Reds in exchange for P Bobby Ayala and catcher Dan Wilson.
Joe DiMaggio of the New York Yankees hits three consecutive home runs a 6 – 5 victory over the Cleveland Indians Two of his homers come off Bob Feller.
May 23, 1948
December 14, 1965
The All-Star Game, for the first time since its inception in 1939, is rained out due to the soggy conditions at RFK Stadium caused by a torrential rain storm that pelted the nation’s capital during the day. The postponement of the 40th Midsummer Classic, which will be played tomorrow at 12:45 pm, is a disappointment to President Nixon, who had been scheduled throw the ceremonial first pitch, but will be leaving Washington to greet the returning Apollo 11 crew, scheduled to splash somewhere in the Pacific Ocean during the next twenty-four hours after their historic trip to the moon.
July 22, 1969
In the LA home opener, Orlando Hudson completes his cycle with a sixth-inning triple down the right-field line in the team’s 11-1 rout of the Giants. The second baseman becomes the first Dodger to hit for the cycle at Dodger Stadium, and the first franchise player to accomplish the feat in a nine-inning game since Gil Hodges did it in 1949.
April 13, 2009
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Ump's getting even $21.50 – $29.00
- MVP Ultimate Fan Package $99.00
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95
- Hall of Fame Package $149.00
- Pirates By the Numbers: A Complete Team History of the Bucs By Uniform Number $14.99
- 56: Joe Dimaggio and the Last Magic Number in Sports $17.47