On August 3, 1906 — Senator right-hander Tom Hughes becomes the first pitcher to post a 1-0 victory extra-inning game with his own home run. Long Tom’s solo shot off Fred Glade in the top of the tenth frame proves to be the difference in the team’s victory over the Browns At Sportsman’s Park
1942 – In the first 1942 East-West Game, the East wins yet again, 5 – 2. Leon Day retires all seven batters he faces, five of them by strikeout for the East, while Satchel Paige bombs for the West.
August 16, 1942
January 19, 1965
The Mets induct four new members, all of whom played an instrumental role in the 1986 World Championship, to the team’s Hall of Fame. Former GM Frank Cashen, previous skipper Davey Johnson, and two former All-Stars, slugger Darryl Strawberry and right-hander Dwight ‘Doc’ Gooden, join 21 other persons to be recognized by the club since the inception of the honor in 1981.
August 1, 2010
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Keepsake Engraved Bats $40.00
- The Kingdome 1977 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Seattle Mariners $18.00
- Shea Stadium 1964 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your New York Mets $18.00
- San Diego Stadium 1969 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your San Diego Padres $18.00
- Pirates By the Numbers: A Complete Team History of the Bucs By Uniform Number $14.99
- Ebbets Field 1913 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Brooklyn Dodgers $18.00