On November 2, 1977, receiving 17 of the 24 first-place votes, Steve Carlton wins his second National League Cy Young Award. The Phillies’ ace posted a record of 23-10 with 198 strikeouts and a 2.64 ERA, helping the club to their second straight NL East title.
About The Author
We make your memories come to life!
November 12, 1975
November 2, 1972
November 3, 1965
1971 – Vida Blue of the Oakland Athletics wins the American League Cy Young Award by a 98-85 margin over Mickey Lolich of the Detroit Tigers. Blue was 24-8 for Oakland, posting 301 strikeouts, eight shutouts and a 1.82 ERA, becoming the youngest pitcher to win the award. In the National League, Ferguson Jenkins of the Chicago Cubs receives the honor.
October 26, 1971
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- 56: Joe Dimaggio and the Last Magic Number in Sports $17.47
- Fenway Park 1912 Baseball Tee Shirt - Home of Your Boston Red Sox $18.00
- Riverfront Stadium 1970 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Cincinnati Reds $18.00
- Player Page Sponsorship $25.00
- The Kingdome 1977 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Seattle Mariners $18.00
- 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates Maz Walkoff Win $31.50 – $39.00