On August 1, 2010 — Taiwan wins its second Gold Medal ever at a World Junior Championship, beating Australia, 8 – 4, in the finale of the 2010 World Junior Championship. Australia’s Silver marks its best finish ever, while Cuba tops Canada in the Bronze Medal game. Tourney MVP Tzu-Wei Lin hits a 3-run homer and drives in four.
1936 – The Detroit Tigers sweep the St. Louis Browns, 12 – 0 and 14 – 0, to record the biggest double shutout in major league history.
September 22, 1936
Friends, family, associates, and former players gather at Shea Stadium on Bob Murphy Appreciation Night to honor the long-time broadcaster. Following the pregame ceremonies, the Hall of Famer, who started with the Mets in their inaugural season in 1962, will call the last of his more than 6,000 games for the team.
September 25, 2003
The Braves trade southpaw George Stone and second baseman Felix Milan to the Mets for hurlers Danny Frisella and Gary Gentry, who will combine to win just nine games for Atlanta over the next three seasons. New York’s acquisitions will play key roles in the team’s success next season when their recently acquired infielder hits .290, and their new left-hander posts a 12-3 record along with an ERA of 2.80 for the National League champions.
November 2, 1972
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
- 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates Maz Walkoff Win $31.50 – $39.00
- 1984 Bless You Boys Detroit Tigers World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- Pirates By the Numbers: A Complete Team History of the Bucs By Uniform Number $14.99
- 2004 Boston Red Sox World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- The Pittsburgh Pirates Encyclopedia: Second Edition
- The 50 Greatest Players in Pittsburgh Pirates History $30.00