On August 1, 2010 — Taiwan wins its second Gold Medal ever at a World Junior Championship, beating Australia, 8 – 4, in the finale of the 2010 World Junior Championship. Australia’s Silver marks its best finish ever, while Cuba tops Canada in the Bronze Medal game. Tourney MVP Tzu-Wei Lin hits a 3-run homer and drives in four.
The Philadelphia Giants win the Negro Championship Cup on Labor Day in Philadelphia before 10,000 fans, black baseball’s largest crowd ever. Rube Foster pitches them to a 3 – 2 victory over the Cuban X-Giants, who have John Henry Lloyd in the lineup.
September 3, 1906
Chicago’s Billy Williams, Ernie Banks and Jim Hickman hit 4th-inning home runs as Fergie Jenkins (12-10) beats the Astros, 6 – 1, at Wrigley Field.
July 31, 1968
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Pittsburgh’s Greatest Teams
- San Diego Stadium 1969 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your San Diego Padres $18.00
- Wake Up with some of the most famous bats with the lumber company mug $12.50 – $17.50
- MVP Ultimate Fan Package $99.00
- National Park 1950 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Washington Nationals $18.00
- Braves Field 1915 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Boston Braves $18.00