On July 31, 1991 — The Astros trade P Jim Clancy to the Braves for P Matt Turner and a player to be named later.
At American League Park in Washington, D.C., the White Sox establish a new American League record, winning their 19th consecutive game with a 4-1 victory over the hometown Senators. In 2002, the A’s will string together 20 straight wins to surpass the AL mark, but will fall one short of the major league mark established by the 1935 Cubs.
August 23, 1906
1999 – The Yankees defeat the Red Sox, 13 – 3, as 2B Chuck Knoblauch raps out five hits, including a double and home run, and drives home four runs.
July 30, 1999
After two and a half years in the post, Kevin Malone resigns as the general manager of the Dodgers. Despite having the league’s largest payroll, Los Angeles has failed to make the playoffs during his tenure.
April 26, 2001
Completing the worst season in the franchise’s 34-year history, the Milwaukee Brewers replace Wendy Selig-Prieb as president and Dean Taylor as general manager. Ulice Payne takes over as president while Doug Melvin replaces Taylor. Milwaukee (56-106) is one of four teams this year to lose 100 games, a first in major league history. Kansas City will finish 62-100, Detroit (55-106) and Tampa Bay (55-106). The last season with three 100-game losers was 1985 (Cleveland, Pittsburgh and San Francisco).
September 25, 2002
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- The Pittsburgh Pirates Encyclopedia: Second Edition
- Short-Sleeve Unisex T-Shirt $33.50 – $39.50
- Anaheim Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Home of Your Los Angeles Angels $18.00
- 10 Cent Beer Night Milwaukee County Stadium T-Shirt $18.00
- Crosley Field 1912 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Cincinnati Reds $18.00
- Memorial Stadium "Legacy" 1954 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Baltimore Orioles $18.00