The Braves trade southpaw George Stone and second baseman Felix Milan to the Mets for hurlers Danny Frisella and Gary Gentry, who will combine to win just nine games for Atlanta over the next three seasons. New York’s acquisitions will play key roles in the team’s success next season when their recently acquired infielder hits .290, and their new left-hander posts a 12-3 record along with an ERA of 2.80 for the National League champions.
In an effort to make the perception of the team younger and hipper, the Blue Jays unveiled their fourth logo in the franchise’s 27-year history. The new look for the 2004 season adds black and silver trimming to a newly stylized bird while eliminating the red maple leaf backdrop and the word Blue.
September 2, 2003
April 4, 2003
Dale Murphy’s consecutive-game streak comes to an end at 740 games. The Braves’ outfielder hadn’t missed a game since September of 1981.
July 9, 1986
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- 56: Joe Dimaggio and the Last Magic Number in Sports $17.47
- Memorial Stadium 1954 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Baltimore Orioles $18.00
- Veterans Stadium 1971 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Philadelphia Phillies $18.00
- Dave Parker Special $13.50 – $19.00
- The Chatty Catcher $21.50 – $29.00
- Fulton County Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Atlanta Braves $18.00