On February 5 2019 — The Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame elects four new members, all of whom are Canadians: Gord Ash, former General Manager of the Toronto Blue Jays; Jason Bay and Ryan Dempster, who both starred in the major leagues in the previous decade; and long-time major league coach Rob Thomson.
1890 – At the American Association annual meeting in Louisville, the Philadelphia Athletics are expelled for violating the league’s constitution. A new team in Philadelphia is admitted, plus entries from Boston, Washington and Chicago, replacing Syracuse, Toledo and Rochester.
November 22, 1890
The major leagues conclude the month of June with a record of 1,101 homers hit during the month. This beats the previous record of 1,069 set in May 2000. The sluggers doing the most damage are rookie Cody Bellinger, who led all batters with 13, George Springer, who hit 11, and Justin Smoak and another rookie, Aaron Judge, smashing 10 each. 77 batters had multi-homer games, including a four-homer game by the unlikely Scooter Gennett on June 6th.
June 30, 2017
Roy Campanella has four hits, including a homer off 15-game winner Bubba Church, and the Dodgers top the Phillies, 6 – 3. Preacher Roe is the winner, his record going to an amazing 22-2.
September 23, 1951
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Dave Coverly Collection $21.50 – $29.00
- Wake Up with some of the most famous bats with the lumber company mug $12.50 – $17.50
- Baseball in Altoona: From the Mountain City to the Curve $12.15
- 1984 Bless You Boys Detroit Tigers World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates Maz Walkoff Win $31.50 – $39.00
- All Star Ultimate Package $49.00