On February 5 2019 — The Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame elects four new members, all of whom are Canadians: Gord Ash, former General Manager of the Toronto Blue Jays; Jason Bay and Ryan Dempster, who both starred in the major leagues in the previous decade; and long-time major league coach Rob Thomson.
Kazuyoshi Tatsunami of the Chunichi Dragons, the all-time doubles leader in Nippon Pro Baseball, announces he will retire at year’s end.
September 30, 2009
Deacon Phillippe of the Louisville Colonels throws a no-hitter against the New York Giants, walking 2 and striking out 1 in a 7 – 0 win over Ed Doheny.
May 25, 1899
Greg Maddux of the Braves defeats the Padres, 4 – 1. His streak of 51 innings without issuing a walk is ended when he gives up a free pass to opposing pitcher Joey Hamilton, a career .041 hitter.
July 13, 1995
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- The Hidden Fan $21.50 – $29.00
- 2004 Boston Red Sox World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- Exhibition Stadium 1977 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Toronto Blue Jays $18.00
- Baseball in Altoona: From the Mountain City to the Curve $12.15
- Yankee Stadium 1923 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your New York Yankees $30.00
- The 50 Greatest Players in Pittsburgh Pirates History $30.00