On June 27, 1962 The Cards receive a pair of shutouts from Larry Jackson and Ray Sadecki to sweep the Cubs, 4 – 0 and 8 – 0. Jackson yields four hits in the first game and Sadecki allows five hits in the nitecap. Sadecki hits a 9th-inning home run and Julian Javier and Curt Flood hit back-to-back homers off Bob Anderson.
1953 – The New York Yankees beat the Brooklyn Dodgers in Game 6 of the World Series. Billy Martin collects his 12th Series hit, a single to center field in the bottom of the 9th inning, that gives the Yankees their fifth World Championship in a row. Carl Furillo had tied it up in the top of the 9th with a two-run home run.
October 5, 1953
Tyler Moore delivers a pinch single off Marc Rzepczynski with two outs in the 8th, driving in 2 runs to lead Washington to a 3 – 2 win in Game 1 of the NLDS in St. Louis, the first postseason win in Nationals history.
October 7, 2012
The Mets obtain P Jesse Orosco from the Orioles in exchange for P Chuck McElroy. The 43-year-old Orosco last played for the Mets in 1987.
December 10, 1999
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Forbes Field 1909 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Pittsburgh Pirates $18.00
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95
- Pirates By the Numbers: A Complete Team History of the Bucs By Uniform Number $14.99
- Robison Field 1893 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- Exhibition Stadium 1977 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Toronto Blue Jays $18.00
- Dave Coverly Collection $21.50 – $29.00