1985 – The Montreal Expos finally sign their top draft pick, Pete Incaviglia, and then trade him to the Texas Rangers for infielder Jim Anderson and pitcher Bob Sebra. Incaviglia, who refused every chance to sign with Montreal because he wanted to to skip the minor leagues, will blast a Rangers-record seven home runs in spring training.
Despite belting six home runs – three by Bill Freehan, two by Willie Horton, one by Aurelio Rodriguez – at Fenway Park, the Tigers lose to the Red Sox, 12 – 11. The Sox have only one homer, a grand slam by Bob Montgomery. Rico Petrocelli’s pinch single with two outs in the 9th drives home the winner.
August 9, 1971
February 8, 2010
Juan Samuel, playing in his final major league game, pinch runs, steals third and scores the winning run in the 13th inning for the Toronto Blue Jays against the Detroit Tigers.
September 26, 1998
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates we are family Championship remembered $31.50 – $39.00
- This Day In Baseball Mug
- Braves Field 1915 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Boston Braves $18.00
- 1988 Los Angeles Dodgers World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- Fulton County Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Atlanta Braves $18.00
- San Diego Stadium 1969 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your San Diego Padres $18.00