On August 18, 2016 — The Orioles put on a power display in defeating the Astros, 13 – 5, hitting 6 homers, two each by J.J. Hardy and Chris Davis. Hyun Soo Kim adds four hits as the O’s jump on rookie starter Joe Musgrove. The win puts Baltimore in a second-place tie with Boston in the AL East, 1 1/2 games behind first-place Toronto in what has been a year-long see-saw race among the three teams.
At Fenway Park, the Red Sox sweep two from the Highlanders, winning 13 – 6 and 6 – 0. Smoky Joe Wood wins the nitecap, his second shutout in a row, allowing just one hit, in winning 6 – 0 in seven innings. Dutch Sterrett’s single is the lone hit. In the nitecap, Hick Cady makes two hits in one at bat. His single scores Jake Stahl from third base, but umpire Silk O’Loughlin rules that Stahl was balked home. In Cady’s second chance, he doubles.
June 29, 1912
Colorado downs Houston by a score of 15 – 10 at Coors Field. The Rockies’ attack is led by 1B Andres Galarraga, who strokes three singles, a double, and two home runs, while driving home five runs and scoring four. The victory moves Colorado one game ahead of the idle Dodgers for first place in the National League West.
July 3, 1995
2019 – Rangers slugger Joey Gallo ends a bizarre streak when he drives in a run on a sacrifice fly in the 4th inning, as part of a wild 11 – 10 win over the Astros. Gallo had gone 1,145 at-bats in his career without recording a sac fly, the longest such streak since it was introduced as an official statistic in 1954. In the game, Shelby Miller records his first win in over two years.
April 21, 2019
On the verge of the first World Series game in Texas, much to the chagrin of the Astros, MLB rules Houston must play Game 3 of the Fall Classic with its Minute Maid Park roof open. During the regular season, the team had a much better record (38-17) when the ballpark was enclosed than in games started in open air (15-11).
October 23, 2005
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
- Juan Marichal (San Francisco Giants) vs Bob Gibson (St Louis Cardinals) June 8, 1962 Complete Radio BroadcastOn Friday night on June 8, 1962, At Busch Stadium future Hall of Famers, Juan Marichal (7-4) faces off against Bob Gibson (6-4). the Giants come in 40-17 and the Cardinals a less robust 27-24. The game features additional Hall of Famers - Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, Stan Musial and Orlando Cepeda.
- 1960 06 03 New York Yankees vs Boston Red Sox Complete Radio BroadcastJune 3 1960 Boston Red Sox face New York Yankees at Yankee Stadium. Bob Turley squares off against Sox starter Jerry Casale. Hall of Famers Ted Williams, Yogi Berra and Mickey Mantle appear in today's game. The Red Sox come in 9 games under 500, the Yankees at playing dead even 500.
- Game 2 1964 Kansas City A's vs New York Yankees Full BroadcastThis podcast is brought to you by Franchising Connection. If you are in a career transition and are interested in exploring Franchising contact them: www.franchisingconnection.com May 30, 1964 At Yankee Stadium
- Dodgers-vs-Pirates-Memorial-Day-1957This podcast is brought to you by Franchising Connection. If you are in a career transition and are interested in exploring Franchising contact them: www.franchisingconnection.com May 30, 1957, At Forbes Field on Memorial Day the Brooklyn Dodgers face the Pittsburgh Pirates. The Game features hall of Famers Duke Snider, Gil Hodges, Roy Campanella, Roberto Clemente, […]
- Harvey Haddix Almost PerfectThis podcast is brought to you by Franchising Connection. If you are in a career transition and are interested in exploring Franchising contact them: www.franchisingconnection.com Today we explore May 26th and May 27th when Harvey Haddix pitches 12 brilliant innings only to lose it in the 13th. What future famous owner was at the game? […]
- Don Nottebart throws the first no-hitter in Houston HistoryThis episode is sponsored by - www.franchisingconnection.com On May 17, 1963 — At Colt Stadium, Don Nottebart throws the first no-hitter in franchise history when the Houston Colt .45’s beat the Philadelphia Phillies, 4-1. Nottebart fans eight and walks three. Carl Warwick and Howie Goss homer to supply Houston its runs. Al Spangler snares Wes […]
- Warren Spahn Faces Bob Gibson May 11 1965 Full Game BroadcastOn May 11 1965 At Shea Stadium 24,000 fans enjoyed two future Hall of Famers duel in a classic game. Here is the Full Radio Broadcast brought to you by Franchising connection.com. If you or someone you know is going through c career transition and is considering business ownership talk to franchising connections. www.franchisingconnection.com 1965 | Bob […]
- Charlie Lea pitches first No Hitter at Olympic StadiumToday Classic Moment is brought to you by www.franchisinghelp.com if your career is in transition talk to the Experts and see if they can help. On May 10, 1981, Montreal Expos right-hander Charlie Lea pitches the first no-hitter in the history of Olympic Stadium. Lea, the first French-born pitcher to hurl a no-hitter, strikes out […]
- May 9 1947 Jackie Robinson and Ben Champman PhotoTodays classic moment is brought to you by www. franchsingconnection.com, if you are going through a career transition please visit them for help! On May 9, 1947 — Philadelphia manager Ben Chapman, who admits he had been ‘kinda loud’ in leading his team in verbally abusing Jackie Robinson with racial slurs during yesterday’s game, […]
- Catfish Hunter is Perfect May 8 1968 - 9th Inning BroadcastToday's broadcast is sponsored by - www.franchisingconnection.com If your career is in transition they would love to help. On May 8, 1968, Catfish Hunter of the Oakland A’s pitches a perfect game against the Minnesota Twins. Hunter’s perfect game is the first in the American League during the regular season in 46 years, when White Sox […]
- Juan Marichal (San Francisco Giants) vs Bob Gibson (St Louis Cardinals) June 8, 1962 Complete... June 8, 2021
- 1960 06 03 New York Yankees vs Boston Red Sox Complete Radio Broadcast June 4, 2021
- Game 2 1964 Washington Senators vs New York Yankees Full Broadcast June 1, 2021
- Dodgers-vs-Pirates-Memorial-Day-1957 May 30, 2021
- Harvey Haddix Almost Perfect May 28, 2021
- Don Nottebart throws the first no-hitter in Houston History May 17, 2021
- Warren Spahn Faces Bob Gibson May 11 1965 Full Game Broadcast May 11, 2021
- Charlie Lea pitches first No Hitter at Olympic Stadium May 10, 2021
- May 9 1947 Jackie Robinson and Ben Champman Photo May 9, 2021
- Catfish Hunter is Perfect May 8 1968 - 9th Inning Broadcast May 8, 2021