On February 4 2009 — The Venados de Mazatlán beat the Tigres del Licey 12 – 9 in the 2009 Caribbean Series. Venados 1B Adrián González sets a new Caribbean Series record with three home runs in a game.
The Toronto Blue Jays obtain pitcher Steve Parris from Cincinnati for pitchers Clayton Andrews and Leo Estrella.
November 22, 2000
1973 – With a runner aboard and the Braves already trailing, 2- 0, Dusty Baker makes what The Sporting News will call “the greatest catch in Atlanta Stadium history,” literally climbing the center field fence to prevent Pittsburgh’s Richie Hebner from doubling Atlanta’s deficit with one swing of the bat. Though coming in the fourth inning, the play will later prove pivotal when, thanks to Baker, the three runs finally pushed across by game’s end gives Atlanta a 3 – 2, walk-off win.
September 15, 1973
Umpire Doug Harvey ejects a shocked Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Don Sutton in the 7th after discovering three scuffed balls. Sutton takes the loss, 4 – 1, against the St. Louis Cardinals with Pete Vuckovich getting the win.
July 14, 1978
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Arlington Stadium 1972 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Texas Rangers $18.00
- 10 Cent Beer Night Milwaukee County Stadium T-Shirt $18.00
- Memorial Stadium 1954 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Baltimore Orioles $18.00
- Baseball in Altoona: From the Mountain City to the Curve $12.15
- National Park 1950 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Washington Nationals $18.00
- Fulton County Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Atlanta Braves $18.00