On May 14, 1920, future Hall of Famer Walter Johnson wins his 300th career game – albeit in less than spectacular fashion. The Washington Senators’ ace emerges as the winner in a 9-8 slugfest against the Detroit Tigers.
White Sox right-hander Tom Seaver becomes the 17th player in major league history to record his 300th victory when he six-hits New York at Yankee Stadium, 4-1. All of the Bronx Bombers hits are singles.
August 4, 1985
Mickey Mantle of the New York Yankees hits his 535th home run to move into third place on the all-time list
September 19, 1968
April 27, 1996
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- "Then Roy Said to Mickey. . .": The Best Yankees Stories Ever Told (Best Sports Stories Ever Told) $14.10
- Legends of Baseball - Aaron to Ozzie
- The Pittsburgh Pirates Encyclopedia: Second Edition
- This Day In Baseball Mug
- The Visit - Every pitcher has lived through this one $21.50 – $29.00
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95