On August 4, 1983 — While warming up before the 5th inning of the Yankees’ 3 – 1 win over the Blue Jays at Toronto’s Exhibition Stadium, New York OF Dave Winfield accidentally kills a seagull with a thrown ball. After the game, Winfield is brought to the Ontario Provincial Police station on charges of cruelty to animals and is forced to post a $500 bond before being released. The charges will be dropped the following day.
1973 – Chicago White Sox first baseman Dick Allen signs a three-year deal worth $250,000 per season, the richest contract in major league history. Allen won the American League MVP Award in 1972 after leading the league in home runs, runs batted in, and slugging percentage.
February 27, 1973
Former major league 1B Willie Aikens is convicted by a federal jury on four counts of distributing crack cocaine and one count of using a gun in a drug transaction. He could face at least 15 years in prison.
August 17, 1994
The Padres bash the Reds, 10 – 7, in 10 innings. Bret Boone slugs three home runs and drives home six runs against his former Cincinnati teammates.
June 23, 2000
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
- Managers do not like relief pitchers who fail $21.50 – $29.00
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95
- The Visit - Every pitcher has lived through this one $21.50 – $29.00
- Hall of Fame Package $149.00
- 2004 Boston Red Sox World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- This one will have you in stitches $21.50 – $29.00