On June 19, 1973 Willie Davis collects his 2,000th career hit. The The L.A. outfielder, known as 3-Dog, reaches the plateau in front of the home crowd with a two-run home run in the team’s 3-0 victory over Atlanta.
The Red Sox score 8 times in the 1st inning, including three runs on a homer by David Ortiz, chasing starter Zach Britton on their way to a 10 – 3 win over the Orioles. In the 8th, Big Papi charges the mound against Baltimore reliever Kevin Gregg, missing with a couple of punches after being brushed back on two consecutive pitches and then being berated by Gregg for failing to run out the ensuing pop-up. Both benches empty and when order is restored, Ortiz, Gregg, Boston C Jarrod Saltalamacchia and Oriole reliever Jim Johnson have all been ejected.
July 8, 2011
At Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum, Jason Giambi hits his 400th career home run. The A’s designated hitter goes deep off Dan Harden leading off the fourth inning in an 8-7 loss against Arizona to become the 44th major leaguer to reach the milestone.
May 23, 2009
In one of the rare highlights for the Braves this season, Julio Teheran pitches a one-hitter for a 6 – 0 win as the Braves complete a three-game sweep of the Mets at Citi Field. Michael Conforto’s 3rd-inning single is the only baserunner for New York, while the resurgent Freddie Freeman matches a career-high with four hits for Atlanta.
June 19, 2016
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- County Stadium 1970 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Milwaukee Brewers & Braves $18.00
- The Kingdome 1977 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Seattle Mariners $18.00
- Memorial Stadium 1954 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Baltimore Orioles $18.00
- Baker Bowl 1887 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Philadelphia Phillies $18.00
- Player Page Sponsorship $25.00
- Yankee Stadium 1923 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your New York Yankees $30.00