On May 25, 1951, Willie Mays makes his major league debut for the New York Giants. Mays struggles in his first game, going hitless in five at-bats against the Philadelphia Phillies.
2018 – Jose Urena of the Marlins decides that the only way to stop Ronald Acuna, who has led off his last three games with a homer and has homered in five straight, is to hit him with his first pitch of the game. He plunks the Braves’ 20-year-old budding superstar on the elbow, prompting a bench-clearing brawl. Urena is immediately ejected, as is Braves manager Brian Snitker. Most commentators call for exemplary punishment for a stupid gesture that even manager Don Mattingly refuses to defend. The Braves go on to win again, 5 – 2, but Acuna has to leave in the 2nd inning with a bad bruise. Urena will be suspended six games and fined an undisclosed amount for his antics.
August 15, 2018
August 12, 1917
November 24, 1993
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
- This Day In Baseball Mug
- Managers do not like relief pitchers who fail $21.50 – $29.00
- 1984 Detroit Tiger Bless You Boys Poster $11.50 – $29.00
- Ump's getting even $21.50 – $29.00
- "Then Roy Said to Mickey. . .": The Best Yankees Stories Ever Told (Best Sports Stories Ever Told) $14.10
- The Visit - Every pitcher has lived through this one $21.50 – $29.00