On August 5, 1959 — Willie McCovey hits two home runs and Willie Mays another as the Giants whip the Braves’ Bob Buhl, 4 – 1, to move into first place.
The Twins release 1B David Ortiz. The unheralded player will soon be picked up by the Red Sox, for whom he will develop as one of the most accomplished sluggers in the game.
December 16, 2002
1999 – In the first game of a doubleheader, the Expos defeat the Rockies, 14 – 13, after the score is tied at one apiece after four innings. Each team scores five runs in the 5th, then Montreal scores six and Colorado five in the 6th. The Expos finally win the game by scoring a run in the 10th inning. Montreal also takes the second game by an 8 – 6 count.
August 13, 1999
Norm Cash‚ Steve Boros‚ and Dick Brown hit consecutive homers for the Tigers in a 5 – 2 win over Minnesota.
May 23, 1961
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
- 56: Joe Dimaggio and the Last Magic Number in Sports $17.47
- 1984 Bless You Boys Detroit Tigers World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- 2004 Boston Red Sox World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates we are family Championship remembered $31.50 – $39.00
- The Chatty Catcher $21.50 – $29.00
- All Star Ultimate Package $49.00