On July 15, 2008, the American League wins the longest All-Star Game in history, 4-3 in 15 innings at Yankee Stadium. The game lasts nearly five hours and each manager uses every one of their players in the marathon game – the final All-Star Game in the Bronx stadium. Prior to the game, 49 Hall of Famers are on hand for a ceremony on the field.
Commissioner Ford Frick announces that players and coaches, rather than the fans, will vote on selections for the All-Star Game. The vote will not return to the fans until 1970, when Commissioner Bowie Kuhn reverses Frick’s action. The decision is a reaction to alleged ballot box stuffing by Cincinnati fans before last year’s All-Star Game.
January 30, 1958
July 10, 1962
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Municipal Stadium 1955 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Kansas City A's $18.00
- Memorial Stadium 1954 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Baltimore Orioles $18.00
- Ump's getting even $21.50 – $29.00
- Metropolitan Stadium 1961 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Minnesota Twins $18.00
- Sicks Stadium 1969 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Seattle Rainers and Pilots $30.00
- Seattle Kingdome Past Home of Your Seattle Seahawks & Mariners $18.00