On August 9, 1931 — 1931 – After the White Sox take the opener, 4 – 2, over the Browns, Dick Coffman pitches the Browns to a 1 – 0 win, allowing on a 5th-inning single by John Kerr. Bob Weiland takes the loss.
1913 – At the Polo Grounds, the Cards win the opener of two, 4 – 3, with help from the error-prone Giants. In blanking the Cards, 5 – 0, in the nitecap, Christy Mathewson finally yields a base on balls, ending a record string of 68 walkless innings pitched. Ed Konetchy draws the pass in the 8th. Matty’s record won’t be topped until Bill Fischer in 1962.
July 18, 1913
At Sportsman’s Park, Stan Musial surpasses Giants’ legend Mel Ott as the National League’s all-time RBI leader. ‘Stan the Man’s’ two-run home run off Don Drysdale in a 5-2 loss to the Dodgers gives the Cardinals’ right fielder 1,862 career runs batted in with the Redbirds.
July 25, 1962
1965 – Masanori Murakami, 4-1 this year, does not renew his contract with the Giants, signing instead with the Nankai Hawks of Osaka for $40,000.
December 4, 1965
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Managers do not like relief pitchers who fail $21.50 – $29.00
- Oriole Park at Camdon Yards 1992 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Baltimore Orioles $30.00
- The Chatty Catcher $21.50 – $29.00
- Fenway Park 1912 Baseball Tee Shirt - Home of Your Boston Red Sox $18.00
- Crosley Field 1912 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Cincinnati Reds $18.00
- Tiger Stadium 1918 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Detroit Tigers $18.00