On February 18 1960 — 1960 – Walter O’Malley, owner of the Dodgers, completes the purchase of the Chavez Ravine area in Los Angeles by paying $494,000 for property valued at $92,000.
About The Author
Mark McGwire hits a game-winning grand slam in the bottom of the 10th to give Oakland a 6 – 2 win over Boston. He becomes the first player to hit 30 home runs in each of his first four seasons.
August 15, 1990
1973 – In New York, the Reds score five runs in the 16th to beat the Mets, 8 – 3. Each team scores in the 13th.
August 20, 1973
Ozzie Guillen, who signed a four-year, $10 million deal with Florida, is introduced before the season’s finale as the club’s new manager, replacing 80 year-old interim Jack McKeon. The outspoken former White Sox skipper is expected, in addition to bringing a better product on the field, to help spark enthusiasm for the team as they start a new era playing in a new ballpark as the Miami Marlins.
September 28, 2011
At the age of 26 years and 182 days, Vladimir Guerrero hits his 200th career home run, tying the Expos right fielder with Ken Griffey, Jr. as the second-youngest player to reach the 200 homer plateau. Alex Rodriguez is the youngest major leaguer to reach the 200 homer mark, reaching the milestone in 25 years 290 days.
August 9, 2002
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Riverfront Stadium 1970 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Cincinnati Reds $18.00
- Fenway Park 1912 Baseball Tee Shirt - Home of Your Boston Red Sox $18.00
- 10 Cent Beer Night Milwaukee County Stadium T-Shirt $18.00
- The Hidden Fan $21.50 – $29.00
- MVP Ultimate Fan Package $99.00
- The Visit - Every pitcher has lived through this one $21.50 – $29.00