On June 20, 1997 – For their game against the Cards, the Reds bring up Aaron Boone from Indianapolis. That’s the good news for the Boone clan. The bad news is they send brother Bret Boone (.205) down to make room for Aaron. Aaron has an RBI and a stolen base in his major league debut as the Reds win, 4 – 2. He also has his first ejection for throwing a helmet. Deion Sanders has a double and home run and his 31st stolen base, high in the majors.
1974 – Atlanta Braves slugger Hank Aaron blasts a historic three-run home run against Cincinnati Reds pitcher Jack Billingham on Opening Day. The home run is the 714th of Aaron’s career, tying him with the great Babe Ruth for the most in major league history.
April 4, 1974
Free agent outfielder Preston Wilson signs a one-year deal with the Astros. His time in Houston lasts only through August but he winds up the year celebrating a World’s Championship with the St. Louis Cardinals.
January 3, 2006
Chicago first baseman Fred McGriff becomes the first player to hit 30 home runs in a season for five different teams (Blue Jays, Braves, Cubs, Devil Rays, and Cubs). The ‘Crime Dog’s’ first inning PNC poke also sets a record for being the 42nd major league park in which he’s gone yard, one more than Ellis Burks of the Indians.
September 22, 2002
In the nightcap of a twin bill split with New York, Chris Heisey blasts three homers and drives in half of the Reds’ runs in the team’s 10-2 interleague rout of the Bronx Bombers. The Cincinnati leadoff hitter goes deep off Brian Gordon in the first and fifth, and in the eighth frame connects off Hector Noesi in the Great American Ball Park contest.
June 22, 2011
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Memorial Stadium 1954 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Baltimore Orioles $18.00
- County Stadium 1970 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Milwaukee Brewers & Braves $18.00
- Baseball in Altoona: From the Mountain City to the Curve $12.15
- Wake Up with some of the most famous bats with the lumber company mug $12.50 – $17.50
- Oakland Alameda Stadium 1968 Baseball Tee Shirt - Home of Your Oakland A's $18.00
- Seattle Kingdome Past Home of Your Seattle Seahawks & Mariners $18.00