On February 6 2001 — 2001 – Anaheim Angels first baseman Mo Vaughn undergoes surgery to repair a ruptured biceps tendon in his left arm. Vaughn will miss the entire season.
1954 – Bobby Hofman, Wes Westrum and Dusty Rhodes hit consecutive home runs in the 6th inning, as the Giants defeat St. Louis to stay a half-game ahead of the Dodgers.
June 20, 1954
1931 – For the second time in ten days, Babe Herman hits for the cycle. The Dodger outfielder is one of only three men to hit for the cycle three times (the third will come in 1933). The Robins still lose to Pittsburgh, 8 – 7. It will be 81 years until another major leaguer, Aaron Hill, has two cycles in a season, in 2012.
July 24, 1931
Ray Searage pitches two-plus innings of hitless relief to be credited with the win in New York’s 4-2 victory over Chicago at Wrigley Field. The southpaw, with his eighth-inning single, gains the distinction of being the only Met player to have compiled a 1.000 batting average (1-for-1) and a 1.000 winning percentage (1-0) while playing with the team.
August 11, 1981
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
- Ump's getting even $21.50 – $29.00
- The Pittsburgh Pirates Encyclopedia: Second Edition
- Boston Strong! 2013 Boston Red Sox World Championship Remembered $29.50 – $38.00
- Dave Coverly Collection $21.50 – $29.00
- 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates we are family Championship remembered $31.50 – $39.00
- Managers do not like relief pitchers who fail $21.50 – $29.00