On October 1, 2017, The season ends with the largest total of homers (6,105) and strikeouts (40,104) ever recorded in the history of the game. During the campaign, there are only 27 individual shutouts recorded, the fewest since 1878, along with a total of 59 complete games, setting a record for the fewest for the third straight year.
About The Author
We make your memories come to life!
Slammin’ Sammy Sosa becomes the first player in major league history to hit 60 homers in a season twice when hits a sixth-inning solo shot off right-hander Jason Bere in the Cubs’ 7-4 loss to the Brewers at Wrigley Field. The 30 year-old Dominican outfielder hit 66 home runs in last season’s historic home run race with Mark McGwire.
September 18, 1999
Carlos Baerga of the Cleveland Indians becomes the first player to switch-hit home runs in the same inning
April 8, 1993
June 25, 2000
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Oakland Alameda Stadium 1968 Baseball Tee Shirt - Home of Your Oakland A's $18.00
- Fenway Park 1912 Baseball Tee Shirt - Home of Your Boston Red Sox $18.00
- 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates Maz Walkoff Win $31.50 – $39.00
- 56: Joe Dimaggio and the Last Magic Number in Sports $17.47
- Shibe Park 1909 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Philadelphia A's $18.00
- Fulton County Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Atlanta Braves $18.00