February 13, 1959- 500 people attended the 22nd Old Time Baseball Players Assn. banquet at the Elks Club and heard both Del Crandall and General Manger John Quinn talk that the key to a third straight pennant for the Braves was filling the gap left by the absence of Red Schoendienst. Crandall received a plaque from OTBA presented by secretary Al Cissa.
About The Author
A center field monument dedicated to Lou Gehrig is unveiled by the Yankees. The memorial is a tribute by his teammates of their beloved captain who died last month of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
July 6, 1941
May 22, 1926
September 17, 1983
April 9, 2019
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- 1988 Los Angeles Dodgers World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- MVP Ultimate Fan Package $99.00
- Riverfront Stadium 1970 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Cincinnati Reds $18.00
- Robison Field 1893 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- The Hidden Fan $21.50 – $29.00
- Managers do not like relief pitchers who fail $21.50 – $29.00