On June 18, 2001 A mandate issued by the commissioner’s office imposes a two-minute limit for warm-up tosses thrown by relievers who come in during an inning, with the time starting when the pitcher enters fair territory. At the beginning of a frame, the allotted warm-up time for a hurler will be one-minute and forty-seconds, unless the game is on national television; in that event, the time limit will be increased by 20 seconds.
By defeating Boston, 7 – 5, the Yankees move 20 1/2 games ahead of the second-place Red Sox and clinch the American League East title. It ties the earliest date in American League history in which a flag has been captured.
September 9, 1998
Adam Wainwright tosses a two-hit shutout for the Cardinals for his 16th win of the year, as St. Louis defeats Florida, 7 – 0. Albert Pujols hits a three-run homer off Ricky Nolasco in the top of the 1st, and the Cards never look back.
August 6, 2010
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Busch Stadium 1953 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95
- Wake Up with some of the most famous bats with the lumber company mug $12.50 – $17.50
- 1984 Bless You Boys Detroit Tigers World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- Keepsake Engraved Bats $40.00
- The Astrodome 1965 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Houston Astros $18.00