On April 8, 1974, Atlanta Braves superstar Hank Aaron makes baseball history when he breaks Babe Ruth’s career record for home runs with a blast off Al Downing of the Dodgers.
About The Author
We make your memories come to life!
Dave Kingman’s home run, a monstrous blast estimated to have travelled 515 feet, is, and will remain, the longest round-tripper ever hit in the 44-year history of Shea Stadium. Kong’s tape-measure home run, a solo shot over the left-center wall, comes in the fourth inning off Larry Christenson in the Mets’ 8-4 loss to Philadelphia.
August 14, 1981
The Brewers become the third team in big league history to begin a game with three consecutive homers. In the Brew Crew’s 10-5 victory over the Reds, Rickie Weeks, J.J. Hardy, and Ryan Braun start the Great American Ball Park contest with a bang.
September 9, 2007
September 4, 1991
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Forbes Field 1909 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Pittsburgh Pirates $18.00
- 10 Cent Beer Night Milwaukee County Stadium T-Shirt $18.00
- The Chatty Catcher $21.50 – $29.00
- Ebbets Field 1913 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Brooklyn Dodgers $18.00
- Robison Field 1893 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- Wrigley Field 1916 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Chicago Cubs $18.00