On January 23, 1927, In the continuing clash between Commissioner Kenesaw Landis and American League President Ban Johnson, the AL owners are prepared to censure Johnson. But his serious health problems convince them to change their stance and Johnson is given an indefinite leave of absence instead. Detroit Tigers President Frank Navin takes over control of the league on an interim basis and the owners adopt a resolution repudiating the charges that Johnson made against Landis.
About The Author
We make your memories come to life!
Chicago White Sox announce the hiring of Mary Shane, who will become the first woman to do television play-by-play in major league history
January 3, 1977
February 23, 2013
March 5, 1973
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- The Hidden Fan $21.50 – $29.00
- Boston Strong! 2013 Boston Red Sox World Championship Remembered $29.50 – $38.00
- Sicks Stadium 1969 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Seattle Rainers and Pilots $30.00
- This Day In Baseball Mug
- Crosley Field 1912 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Cincinnati Reds $18.00
- Busch Stadium 1953 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00