At Briggs Stadium, Al Unser, whose son Del will play in the major leagues, hits a pinch-hit grand slam with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning, giving the Tigers a 6-2 walk-off victory over New York. The game winning round-tripper will be the second baseman’s only home run this season.
May 31, 1944
Philadelphia’s Del Unser homers in his 3rd consecutive pinch-hit appearance a walk off 3 run shot vs Rollie Fingers to tie the MLB record.
July 10, 1979
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
- Sandy Koufax takes on the New York Mets June 30, 1962 At LA (partial)On June 30, 1962 With the aid of 13 strikeouts and a Frank Howard home run, Sandy Koufax no-hits Bob Miller and the Mets, 5 – 0 in Los Angeles. Sandy starts off the game by fanning the side on nine pitches in the 1st inning, the first National League pitcher to strike out the side on nine pitches since Brooklyn’s Dazzy Vance, in 1924. It […]
- Final Game at Forbes Field - Full Radio BroadcastOn June 28, 1970, the Pittsburgh Pirates play their final two games at venerable Forbes Field, which opened its doors in 1909. A crowd of over 40,000 watches the Bucs sweep the Chicago Cubs, 3-2 and 4-1. The Pirates pull even with the Mets with the twin bill sweep. Al Oliver hits the final home […]
- Bob Bailey becomes first expo to hit 2 homeruns in a game - Full Radio BroadcastJune 22, 1969, At Wrigley Field, Bob Bailey after missing still recovering from a spring training injury becomes the first Montreal Expo to hit 2 home runs in a game. Bailey took Ted Abernathy deep and Phil Regan in the 8th. Baily’s 8th inning home run gave the Expos a 6-2 lead. The Expos will […]
- Fathers Day June 21, 1964 New York Mets vs Philadelphia Phillies & Jim BunningOn June 21, 1964 On Father’s Day at Shea Stadium, Jim Bunning fans 10, drives in two runs, and pitches the first perfect game (excluding Don Larsen’s 1956 World Series effort and Harvey Haddix’s 1959 extra-inning loss) since Charlie Robertson’s on April 30, 1922. Philadelphia beats the Mets, 6 – 0. Bunning also becomes the first pitcher to win no-hitters in both leagues, and Gus Triandos becomes the first catcher to catch a no-hitter in each […]
- Juan Marichal (San Francisco Giants) vs Bob Gibson (St Louis Cardinals) June 8, 1962 Complete Radio BroadcastOn Friday night on June 8, 1962, At Busch Stadium future Hall of Famers, Juan Marichal (7-4) faces off against Bob Gibson (6-4). the Giants come in 40-17 and the Cardinals a less robust 27-24. The game features additional Hall of Famers - Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, Stan Musial and Orlando Cepeda.
- 1960 06 03 New York Yankees vs Boston Red Sox Complete Radio BroadcastJune 3 1960 Boston Red Sox face New York Yankees at Yankee Stadium. Bob Turley squares off against Sox starter Jerry Casale. Hall of Famers Ted Williams, Yogi Berra and Mickey Mantle appear in today's game. The Red Sox come in 9 games under 500, the Yankees at playing dead even 500.
- Game 2 1964 Kansas City A's vs New York Yankees Full BroadcastThis podcast is brought to you by Franchising Connection. If you are in a career transition and are interested in exploring Franchising contact them: www.franchisingconnection.com May 30, 1964 At Yankee Stadium
- Dodgers-vs-Pirates-Memorial-Day-1957This podcast is brought to you by Franchising Connection. If you are in a career transition and are interested in exploring Franchising contact them: www.franchisingconnection.com May 30, 1957, At Forbes Field on Memorial Day the Brooklyn Dodgers face the Pittsburgh Pirates. The Game features hall of Famers Duke Snider, Gil Hodges, Roy Campanella, Roberto Clemente, […]
- Harvey Haddix Almost PerfectThis podcast is brought to you by Franchising Connection. If you are in a career transition and are interested in exploring Franchising contact them: www.franchisingconnection.com Today we explore May 26th and May 27th when Harvey Haddix pitches 12 brilliant innings only to lose it in the 13th. What future famous owner was at the game? […]
- Don Nottebart throws the first no-hitter in Houston HistoryThis episode is sponsored by - www.franchisingconnection.com On May 17, 1963 — At Colt Stadium, Don Nottebart throws the first no-hitter in franchise history when the Houston Colt .45’s beat the Philadelphia Phillies, 4-1. Nottebart fans eight and walks three. Carl Warwick and Howie Goss homer to supply Houston its runs. Al Spangler snares Wes […]
- Willie Mays becomes 4th player to hit 3 homeruns in a game twice in same season June 29, 2021
- Moonlight Graham plays in his only game June 29, 2021
- The Pirates Play Final Game at Exposition Park June 29, 2021
- Al Oliver hits the final homerun in Forbes Field History - Full Radio Call June 29, 2021
- Final Game at Forbes Field - Full Radio Broadcast June 28, 2021
- Bob Bailey becomes first expo to hit 2 homeruns in a game - Full Radio Broadcast June 23, 2021
- Fathers Day June 21, 1964 New York Mets vs Philadelphia Phillies & Jim Bunning June 23, 2021
- June 8 1962 Harry Caray Radio Call of Willie Mays vs Bob Gibson June 18, 2021
- Juan Marichal (San Francisco Giants) vs Bob Gibson (St Louis Cardinals) June 8, 1962 Complete... June 8, 2021
- 1960 06 03 New York Yankees vs Boston Red Sox Complete Radio Broadcast June 4, 2021